The Board received a report informing them of recent national policy announcements made between 1 November 2019 and 31 January 2020, relevant to the Employment, Learning and Skills and Community Policy and Performance Board.
It was noted that the information provided was not intended to be in-depth but provided a brief summary of key announcements along with observations of local relevance, where appropriate.
The announcements headlines were as follows:
1. Nursing students to received £5,000 payment;
2. ‘T’ Levels;
3. Town of the Year Competition;
4. Funding for innovative business ideas for new products;
5. Update on Liverpool City Region Activities;
6. National Apprenticeship Week 2020 – 3-7 February 2020;
7. Employer Brokerage by Be-More;
8. Strategic Investment Fund – Skills Capital Update; and
9. Visitor Economy Week 2020 Launch – 3 February 2020.
RESOLVED: That the report is noted.