Venue: Civic Suite, Town Hall, Runcorn. View directions
Contact: Ann Jones on 0151 511 8276 Ext. 16 8276 or Email: email@example.com
The Minutes of the meeting held on 6 August 2018, having been circulated, were taken as read and signed as a correct record.
The Committee considered the following applications for planning permission and, in accordance with its powers and duties, made the decisions described below.
- 18/00215/FUL - PROPOSED B2 / B8 STORAGE / DISTRIBUTION UNIT WITH ANCILLARY B1 OFFICE SPACE AND STAFF FACILITIES, COMPRISING A MAXIMUM FLOORSPACE OF 9960 SQM WITH ASSOCIATED LOADING BAYS, HGV / CAR PARKING, LANDSCAPING, PEDESTRIAN / CYCLE CONNECTIONS AND ASSOCIATED INFRASTRUCTURE ON LAND AT SOUTH OF NEWSTEAD ROAD BOUNDED BY THE LONDON AND WESTERN RAILWAY (WEST COAST MAINLINE)
The consultation procedure undertaken was outlined in the report together with background information in respect of the site.
Members were advised of the following updates since the publication of the agenda:
· Knowsley Borough Council had confirmed that they have withdrawn their holding objection;
· The Lead Local Flood Authority had confirmed that queries originally raised had been sufficiently addressed; however further details were required to demonstrate appropriate discharge rates and acceptable or no flooding under tidal conditions; this could be secured by planning condition;
· The ecology adviser had confirmed that a Reasonable Avoidance Measures method statement was suitable to minimise impact on the adjoining Ditton Brook during construction; this would be secured by condition;
· Natural England had been consulted on the results of the Appropriate Assessment and their response was awaited;
· It was confirmed that the Sustainability Report was acceptable and that the updated submission was sufficient to comply with waste policy;
· Discussions were ongoing regarding the extent of works needed to the pedestrian and cycle link to Ditton Bridge and whether this could be upgraded to allow disabled access.
Officers requested that authority be delegated to the Operational Director – Policy, Planning and Transportation, in consultation with the Chair or Vice Chair, to approve the application, once a decision had been made on the footpath and cycle link and the response from Natural England was received. It was also requested that delegated authority be extended, to allow conditions to be added or amended as required to reflect the outcome of discussions.
Concerns were raised over the reopening of Ditton Station and the impact the application may have on this. It was suggested that further information was needed to understand how this would impact on the reopening of the station. Officers explained that a deferral would not be justified on the grounds stated.
RESOLVED: That the determination of the application be delegated to the Operational Director – Policy, Planning and Transportation, in consultation with the Chair or Vice Chair subject to conditions relating to the following to be amended as required:
1. Standard 3 year timescale for commencement of development;
2. Specifying approved / amended plans;
3. Conditions requiring submission and agreement of / development be carried out in accordance with the approved Flood Risk Assessment and specifying finished floor levels, Site Wide Waste Management Plan, Construction Environmental Management Plan;
4. Materials condition, requiring submission and agreement of materials (BE2);
5. Landscaping condition, requiring hard and soft landscaping be carried out as approved (BE1/2);
6. Condition requiring the agreed biodiversity enhancement features be implemented as approved (GE21);
7. Construction and delivery hours to be adhered to throughout the course of the development (BE1);
8. Submission and agreement of detailed lighting scheme (PR4 / GE21);
9. Submission and agreement of detailed drainage scheme / to be carried out as approved (PR16);
10. Vehicle access, parking, servicing etc to be constructed prior to occupation of properties / commencement of use (BE1);
11. Requiring submission and agreement of a green travel plan (TP16);
The following applications had been withdrawn:
17/00383/FUL Proposed development of 1 no. detached property on Land Adjacent to No. 2 Highlands Road, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 4UH.
18/00080/PLD Application for a Certificate of Proposed Lawful Development for conversion of garage to habitable accommodation at 5 Falkirk Avenue, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 9DX.
18/00042/COU Proposed change of use of the ground floor from A4 (Drinking Establishment) to 1 no. A1 unit (Retail) and 1 no. A5 (Hot Food Takeaway) together with 54 sq metre extension to side and changes to external elevations at 19 - 23 Church Street, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1LX.
18/00184/PLD Application for a certificate of Proposed Lawful Development for conversion of garage to habitable accommodation at 133 Malpas Road, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 4AP.
18/00135/COND Application to discharge Condition No(s) 5, (Phasing) 9, (Boundary Treatment) 10, (Wheel Cleaning) 11, (Landscaping) 12, (Levels) 15, (Landscaping) 16, (CEMP) 17, (Screening / fencing) 18, (SWWMP and MMP) 19, (Contamination) of Planning Permission 11/00266/OUTEIA at Stobart Park/3MG, Formerly West Bank Dock, Comprising Land To The East Of Desoto Road East, And To The West Of Foundry Lane.
18/00189/ELD Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness for single storey rear extension, presently under construction, at 33 Gleneagles Drive, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 9JJ.
18/00152/FUL Proposed erection of wind turbine on 15 metre tower for generation of electricity at Brenntag UK Limited, Pickerings Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 8XW.
12/00139/LBC Proposed renewal of Listed Building Consent 04/01065/LBC for proposed part demolition, restoration and conversion of hall and outbuildings into 22 no. residential units and erection of 9 no. houses (31 no. residential units in total) at Daresbury Hall, Daresbury Lane, Daresbury, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 4AG.
12/00140/FUL Proposed renewal of planning permission 04/01064/FUL for proposed part demolition, restoration and conversion of hall and outbuildings into 22 no. residential units and erection of 9 no. houses (31 no. residential units in total) at Daresbury Hall, Daresbury Lane, Daresbury, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 4AG.
18/00339/PLD Application for a Certificate of Proposed Lawful Development for a single storey rear extension at 9 Hinton Road, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 5PH.
The following applications had gone to appeal:
17/00578/COU Proposed change of use to hot food takeaway and cafe with car parking to side at 391- 393 Hale Road, Halebank, Widnes, WA8 8TY.
17/00148/FUL Proposed first floor rear and side extensions (addition of first floor to existing single storey elements) at 2 Heyes Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 8QU.
17/00548/FUL Proposed demolition of existing stables building and construction of 1 no. single storey detached dwelling with access from Chester Road at Land to the North of Junction between Keckwick Lane and Chester Road, Daresbury, Warrington, Cheshire.
18/00001/FUL Proposed single storey rear extension with rear / side facing balcony over at 6 Walsingham Drive, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1XJ.
18/00139/FUL Proposed erection of concrete and wooden panel fence with gate to maximum height of 1.9 metres at 36 Parklands, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 4NQ.
18/00051/FUL Proposed creation of two areas of permeable hardstanding in the front garden ... view the full minutes text for item 13.