Venue: Civic Suite, Town Hall, Runcorn. View directions
Contact: Ann Jones on 0151 511 8276 Ext. 16 8276 or Email: email@example.com
The Minutes of the meeting held on 5 November 2019, having been circulated, were taken as read and signed as a correct record.
The Committee considered the following applications for planning permission and, in accordance with its powers and duties, made the decisions described below.
- 18/00285/WST - Proposed change of use to waste transfer and treatment facility, construction of waste transfer building and ancillary development including weighbridge, welfare facilities, storage bays and fencing at former J Bryan (Victoria) Ltd, Pickerings Road, Widnes
The consultation procedure undertaken was outlined in the report together with background information in respect of the site.
Since the publication of the agenda Officers advised the Committee of the following updates:
· A further two letters of objection had been received raising concerns already addressed in the report;
· Safeguarding issues and suggested conditions had been discussed with Liverpool Airport, who were satisfied that the issues relating to bird hazard management and construction cranes could be adequately addressed by informative attached to any planning permission;
· With reference to objections made by Halebank Parish Council (HBPC), it was confirmed that the proposal was in accordance with Waste Policy WM5 as the site was within the vicinity of the area for search;
· The Council’s retained adviser had confirmed that they considered that sufficient information had been provided to demonstrate compliance with the Waste Local Plan;
· Further to the claims made by HBPC that the proposals contradicted Waste Plan Policy S06; Members were referred to their comments and the Policy extract on page 17 of the report. It was noted that the proposals were considered consistent with the Policy and that the issues and impacts identified for consideration within the Policy were addressed in the report ;
· The Environmental Health Officer had confirmed that they raised no objections; and
· By way of clarification, the reference within the highways considerations to comparisons with the site being brought back into lawful use was an error, and the comparisons were made with a general industrial use; the results of these comparisons and advice of the Highways Officer were as stated within the report.
The Committee was addressed by Mr Bain, a Halebank resident since the 1960’s, who spoke in objection to the application. He commented that Halebank was now thriving with successful industries and commercial facilities; however he stated that this application would not be good for Halebank. He argued that this type of industry would affect residents in the area and asked the Committee to consider the children and future of the area; referring to a quote from the World Health Organisation.
A further objector then addressed the Committee, Mr John Anderton, a Halebank Parish Councillor, who had been a resident in the area since birth. His objections relating to noise, odour, pollution and traffic were addressed in the report. He argued that the application was not in an allocated site (referring to Policy WM1 of the Joint Waste Management Plan) and was not a site within an area of search; both of these matters were addressed in the report. He also commented that the site would be accessed through a residential area using heavy industrial vehicles which would impact on the residents. He advised the Committee that if a decision was made to approve the application the HBPC would challenge this.
Mr Bridgewood then addressed the Committee on behalf of the applicant and addressed the objectors’ concerns relating to noise, odour and traffic. He stated that this site would be one of 350 sites ... view the full minutes text for item 23.
The following Appeals had been received / were in progress:
18/00282/FUL Proposed new boundary wall to front and side at 112 Lunts Heath Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 5BA.
18/00363/OUT 18/00363/OUT Application for outline planning permission with appearance, landscaping and scale reserved for single two storey dwelling in side garden area at 3 Nickleford Hall Drive Widnes.
The following Appeals had been determined:
18/00005/REFUSE 18/00001/FUL Proposed single storey rear extension with rear /side facing balcony over at 6 Walsingham Drive Runcorn.
18/00008/REFUSE 18/00282/FUL Proposed new boundary wall to front and side at 112 Lunts Heath Road Widnes.
17/00548/FUL Proposed demolition of existing stables building and construction of 1 no. single storey detached dwelling with access from Chester Road at land to the North of Junction between Keckwick Lane and Chester Road, Daresbury, Warrington, Cheshire.
The following Appeals had been withdrawn:
16/00495/OUTEIA Resubmission of outline planning application 15/00266/OUTEIA by application for Outline planning permission (with all matters other than access reserved) for mixed-use development comprising: up to 550 residential dwellings; up to 15,000 sq m of employment floorspace (Use Class B1); new local centre of up to 3,000 sq m (Use Classes A1 - A5 and D1 - dual use); provision of infrastructure including a new junction on to A558 Daresbury Expressway and details of access at Land Adjacent To Delph Lane.
17/00406/FULEIA Resubmission of application 14/00539/FULEIA for the erection of 295 residential dwellings with associated landscaping and site infrastructure, construction of a new road junction onto Daresbury Expressway (A558), installation of a signalised junction to Delph Lane, provision of public open space and play facilities and associated works on Land adjacent to Delph Lane.
17/00407/OUTEIA Resubmission of application 13/00206/OUTEIA hybrid planning application for up to 300 residential dwellings comprising: full planning application for 122 residential dwellings (mix of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom houses), new spine road, turning head to the east of Delph Lane canal bridge, new junction between the proposed spine road and the A56, pedestrian/cycle routes and associated works (Phase A); and outline planning application for up to 178 residential dwellings (all matters are reserved) (Phase B) at land adjacent to Delph Lane West.
The following Applications had been withdrawn:
16/00347/S73 Application under Section 73 of the Town and Country Planning Act to vary Condition 1 of permission 15/00286/FUL to amend the house design in respect of Plot 1 by the inclusion of a new drawing RG-PL-001.1 on land between the Old Post Office and Rock Garth, Chester Road, Daresbury, Warrington, Cheshire.
17/00606/FUL Proposed erection of substation at Fresenius Kabi, Cestrian Court, Eastgate Way, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1NT.
18/00482/S73 Application under Section 73 of the Town and Country Planning Act to vary condition 2 of permission 15/00430/FUL substituting approved plans BHNW/028-01G, 028-11F and 028-13B for 028-O1L, 028-11F and 028-13F to amend the layout at The Former Marley Eternit Site, Derby Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 9NQ.
18/00495/FUL Proposed extension to side, replacement of roof with higher roof to incorporate bedroom ... view the full minutes text for item 24.
The minutes from the Environmental Fund Management Board’s meeting held on 25 July 2018 were submitted to the Committee for information.
RESOLVED: That the minutes be noted.