Decision Maker: Council
Made at meeting: 17/05/2019 - Council
Decision published: 11/07/2019
Effective from: 17/05/2019
Council considered a report of the Strategic Director, Enterprise, Community and Resources, on the Pay Policy Statement for 2019/20.
The Localism Act 2011 required every local authority to prepare a pay policy Statement each year, which detailed the Council’s approach to a range of issues relating to the pay of its employees, principally its Chief Officers and the Authority’s lowest paid employees.
The purpose of the Statement was to provide transparency with regards to the Council’s approach to setting the pay of its employees by identifying the following:-
· The methods by which salaries of all employees were determined;
· The details and level of remuneration of its most senior staff (i.e. its Chief Officers); and
· The Committee responsible for ensuring the provisions set out in the Statement were applied consistently throughout the Council and recommending any amendments to the Full Council.
The report also detailed the requirement from April 2018 for employers with more than 250 employees to report on the Gender Pay Gap. The calculation was prescribed statutorily, based on a snapshot date of 31 March of the previous year. Detailed information was published on the Council’s web site.
The following information was included in the report:
· Background to the Pay Structure;
· Senior Management Remuneration;
· Recruitment of Chief Officers;
· Additions to Salaries of Chief Officers;
· Pension Contributions;
· Payments on Termination;
· Lowest Paid Employees; and
· Accountability and Decision Making.
RESOLVED: That the Pay Policy Statement for 2019/20 be adopted.