1. To provide support to the Leader in relation to the growing regional agenda.
2. To represent the Leader (and the Council) at regional bodies as directed by the Leader.
3. To keep up-to-date and briefed on regional issues in order to support the Leader as and when required.
4. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be allocated by the Leader.
5. To provide support to any other Executive Board member as directed by the Leader.
6. To use the position to promote the Council's objectives, priorities and values within and outside the Council.
7. To carry out the duties outlined in the role profile for Councillors.