The Board received the draft Topic Brief for the Scrutiny Review of the Care Homes – Future Sustainability.
It was noted that further to a meeting held on 13 December 2017 with Members of the Board, the following priorities were agreed for Adult Social Care for 2018-19:
· Care Homes – Future Sustainability;
· Supported Housing / Accommodation Review;
· Acute Trust / Acute Mental Health – National pressures and how these translated into local pressures; and
· Accountable Care System.
Following the Health PPB in February 2018 and following discussion, Members chose the Care Home – Future Sustainability as the area for the scrutiny review during 2018-19. The draft Topic Group brief had been prepared and was attached with the report for approval.
It was noted that the scrutiny would start in June 2018 with a visit to Millbrow Care Home on 28 June 2018 at 3pm for the official opening. The final report and recommendations would be presented at the February 2019 meeting of the Health PPB.
RESOLVED: That the Board
1) approve the draft Topic Brief for the Scrutiny Review of the Care Homes – Future Sustainability; and
2) agrees that the membership of the Topic Group be open to all Members of the Board.