The Board received an update in relation to Quality Surveillance occurring at Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (FT), as requested following the previous presentation in June 2018. The meeting was attended by Colin Scales and Lynne Cater, from Bridgewater Community Health Care NHS FT Trust, who presented the item.
It was noted that the Board received assurance in June 2018 concerning the Quality Surveillance timeline from January 2018 through to June 2018, and were aware that NHS Halton CCG undertook both a monthly contract review meeting and a clinical quality performance meeting as part of NHS Standard Contractual requirements, alongside system surveillance.
Members were provided with a specific update in relation to the Paediatric Services at Woodview Child Development Centre, which had been taking place as part of the Quality Surveillance work.
The following additional information was noted by Members:
· There was a long wait for services; this was explained;
· Communication with parents had been difficult leading to a problem in keeping them up to date;
· A total of 143 families had now been consulted with;
· All families now had a care co-ordinator; and
· A new administration co-ordinator was now in place;
Mr Scales advised the Board that he would be happy to return with a further report in the future, to present the outcome of the CQC review.
RESOLVED: That the Board receive and note the contents of the report.