The Board considered a report of
the Strategic Director, Communities which reported that NHS Halton and
The Board was advised that the
The Board was further advised
that NHS Halton and
· Do nothing- included only to provide a benchmark for cost comparison;
· Divest- sell the building on the open market guided by an assessment by the District Valuer;
· Lease- seek through a procurement process an organisation that was willing to take on a lease for the building; and
· Utilisation- use the asset for local health care provision, if costs including capital charges, depreciation and running costs could be recouped.
It was reported that NHS
The report, concluded that taking into account the overall mix of benefits, costs and risks and assuming that the covenant did not apply, it was recommended that further work be undertaken to develop the implementation option details for D2 and D3 set out in the report.
The Board also received a presentation
from Mr Simon Bank, Halton and St Helens Primary Care Trust (PCT), outlining
the key issues and benefits within each option.
He also reported that various public events had been arranged in Widnes,
The following comments arose from the discussion:-
· Clarity was sought on whether the option put forward could be delivered, particularly in light of the Government proposed change.. In response, it was reported that the options had been through the process of a benefits evaluation and had been led by the GP Consortia. The proposed options would deliver the best patient experience and the long term needs of patients in Halton;
Clarity was sought on whether this would have an
impact on the services provided at
· It was noted that at the end of the consultation period, the facility would be utilised in the short term in order to recover some of the costs;
· It was emphasised that it was an excellent facility and that it must be retained for health purposes;
· It was noted that two questions had been submitted prior to the meeting and a response provide which had been circulated at the meeting and attached as Appendix 1 to the minutes; and
· Members of the Board indicated that they would send in their comments on the various options.
(1) Mr Simon Banks be thanked for his informative presentation; and
(2) the report, presentation and comments raised be noted.