Decision Maker: Executive Board
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Board received a report of the Strategic Director – People, which presented the draft Dementia Friendly Halton Borough Council (HBC) Action Plan for approval.
The report outlined details of the Dementia Friendly Communities Programme from the National Alzheimer’s Society that encouraged everyone to share responsibility for ensuring that people with dementia felt understood, valued and able to contribute to their community.
Approval was given in 2020 to develop a dementia friendly HBC approach and an initial draft Action Plan was presented to Management Team in late 2021. A number of achievable actions had been identified and formed the Dementia Friendly HBC Action Plan. The three Priority Actions identified were:
· Organisational support and infrastructure to support development of a Dementia Friendly HBC;
· Raising Dementia Awareness across the Council and beyond; and
· Service Area Specific Actions.
The Action Plan, appended to the report, gave the context, rationale and details on how the actions would be delivered.
1) the contents of the report and appendix be noted; and
2) the Action Plan be approved.
Report author: emer catterall
Publication date: 21/06/2022
Date of decision: 16/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 16/06/2022 - Executive Board