The Board received an update on Halton’s Urgent Care Centres (UCCs). Appended to the report was a list of clinical pathways in use at the UCCs.
The report presented information relating to:
· The utilisation of the UCCs for Runcorn and Widnes per month, from April 2014 to February 2017;
· The average waiting time at both Centres, from April 2014 to February 2017;
· Service user satisfaction;
· The impact of the UCCs on local hospitals; and
· Future developments.
Members wished to provide the following feedback on the UCCs :
· The reception areas, in some instances, were letting the service down;
· Patient confidentiality, perhaps due to the location of the receptions, was an issue;
· Patients were getting lost in the Health Care Resource Centre and missing their names being called; and
· Some patients had been turned away as early as 8pm with no alternative options provided to them.
It was confirmed that there was an out of hours GP (va booked appointment) at Halton Hospital in operation when the UCC was closed.
RESOLVED: That the Board notes the contents of the report and associated appendix.