The Board considered a report of the Director of Adult Social Services, which provided an update on the key issues that the Executive Partnership Board (EFP) and the associated Operational Commissioning Committee (OCC) had been focused on progressing and monitoring over the past few months. It was noted that the EFP had met on a quarterly basis and:
· Work had taken place across both the Council and Halton Clinical Commissioning Group to reduce the level of projected overspend. Financial recovery action plans were in place to achieve a balanced budget by the end of the year;
· Work had continued with all partners to help to minimise delayed transfers of care (DTOC);
· Work had been presented to the OCC on the development of an Inter-Agency Disputes Process;
· The current Joint Working Agreement (JWA) between the Council and Halton CCG expired on 31st March 2019. Work was taking place on the development of a new JWA. In the meantime the current JWA would be extended for 6 months;
· The OCC had agreed how the extra funding provided to the Council this Winter would be spent; and
· As a result of an internal audit report of Halton Integrated Community Equipment Service, five recommendations were made and a Task and Finish Group had been set up to undertake a review with options for the future delivery of the service.
RESOLVED: That the contents of the report be noted.