The Board considered a report of the Strategic Director, People, which outlined the work of the Trading Standards team over the last year in Halton. During 2018/19 the team had saved residents at least £262.2k as follows:
· Consumer Advice Service had saved Halton consumers at least £32,001;
· Through rapid response to doorstep crime incidents Trading Standards had saved Halton residents £10,790;
· Detriment prevented through scam - working with people who had been caught out by scams to prevent a repeat had saved residents £104,618;
· iCAN – an email alert system used to warn residents about doorstep incidents, current scams and product recalls had saved residents £113,582; and
· through the free loan of call-blocking devices, 11 units, £3229 had been saved in Halton.
Arising from the discussion, Members requested that Officers share information on call blocking device and how to purchase them.
RESOLVED: That the report be noted.