The Board considered a report of the Strategic Director – People, which provided a summary of the capital funding received by the Council from central Government to support Schools Capital Programmes for 2022/23.
The Board was advised that the Department for Education (DfE) had not announced the Capital Grant Allocation for 2022/23 however, given the timescales for some of the proposed capital projects, there was a requirement to present this report, so it was compiled using the 2021/22 allocation, which was £903,847.
The report set out details of the indicative funding available to support capital projects across the schools estate and also explained how the School Condition Allocation would be utilised. Members discussed the proposals to create additional teaching space at Cavendish School and the remodelling of two junior classrooms at Fairfield Primary School, details of which were presented in paragraphs 5 and 6 respectively.
Reason(s) for Decision
To deliver and implement the Capital Programmes.
Alternative Options Considered and Rejected
Capital Programmes for 2021/22 would be implemented with effect from 1 April 2022.
RESOLVED: That the Executive Board
1) notes the position regarding capital funding from the DfE for 2022/23;
2) approves the proposals to be funded from the School Condition Capital Allocation;
3) agrees that the capital allocations are put forward for inclusion in the budget report to full Council;
4) approves the proposal to create additional teaching space at Cavendish School; and
5) approves the proposal to remodel two junior classrooms to create more suitable teaching spaces at Fairfield Primary School.