Halton Borough Council has a Standards Committee to promote high standards of conduct and support Members’ observation of their Code of Conduct.
Councillors have to agree to follow a Code of Conduct to ensure high standards in the way they undertake their duties. The Standards Committee trains and advises them on the Code of Conduct.
Citizens have a right to complain to the Standards Committee if they have evidence which they think shows that a Councillor has not followed the Council’s Code of Conduct.
What We Do
Halton Borough Council has a Standards Committee. The role of the Standards Committee is to:
· help Councillors and Co-opted Members to observe the Members’ Code of Conduct;
· promote and maintain high standards of conduct by Councillors, Co-opted Members and church and parent governor representatives;
· advise the Council on the adoption or revision of the Members’ Code of Conduct;
· monitor the operation of the Members’ Code of Conduct;
· provide training for Councillors and Co-opted Members on matters relating to the Members’ Code of Conduct;
· deal with complaints against Councillors; and
· similar duties in relation to the Parish Councils in the area.
Member’s Code of Conduct
A copy of the Members’ Code of Conduct is available via the link below. The Code was adopted by full Council on 18 July 2012.
How to Complain
The Code of Conduct Complaint Form, available via the link below, should be completed and returned to the Borough Council’s Monitoring Officer. Details are on the form.
Support officer: Angela Scott on 0151 511 8670 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 0151 511 8670
Web site: http://www.halton.gov.uk